Sunday, June 1, 2014

Re: SUN CITY SUMMERLIN BUDGET

Steve, I appreciate your frustration with SCSCAI leadership and would like to add my comments to Mr. Crawford and the Board relating to millions of dollars in LOSSES. 

  • Crawford: As I stated in my other post, the losses have been ongoing for many years.  Please ask the previous Boards , not me, why was nothing done previously. [many home-owners including myself have pointed out the need of a Business Plan only to be ignored. Ref. Link Business Plan Request ]

  • Crawford: I'm  trying and I think succeeding, at least on the restaurant front to cut the losses. And what is the Board doing, I said in my other post, how can you be ignorant of the actions takes to cut the restaurant losses? [look at the Board's past actions and track record. Ref. Link SCSCAI Restaurant Track Record ]
Summary:
 My sixteen years experience as a retired resident-homeowner in Sun City Summerlin has witnessed many changes in the vision and lifestyle stated in original governing documents. This is due to the Sun City leadership's Pledge of Allegiance, an oath of loyalty to the HOA, not the membership they serve.

Buying a retirement home in this HOA is the worst single mistake I have made.

Dwain Kramzar
2624 High Range Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89134
703.582.8064     

DAK
(702) 582-8064


On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 6:30 AM, SCommander <sdcommand@centurylink.net> wrote:
Leo

The following was received by me, along with other Sun City residents, from a Allan Frank. My comments to your statements in Black are in RED. This email is also being sent to over 300 Sun City residents who I hope send it to other residents.

Steve Commander
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: Re: SUN CITY SUMMERLIN BUDGET
Date: May 29, 2014 at 5:22:31 PM PDT
To: Allan Frank <allangfrank@gmail.com>

Since you sent a second note I will send a second reply.

I resent your "... is allowing such a large loss". YOU SENT??? Isn't there a "large loss"? As I stated in my other post, the losses have been ongoing for many years.  Please ask the previous Boards , not me, why was nothing done previously. YOU sound like Obama. The 2013 "previous board" had YOU as President. The 2012 "previous board" had YOU as a Board member. Therefore, YOU are the previous Boards. That is probably why Mr. Frank asked you. It is unfortunate that the Sun City BOD elections, like so many others, is a popularity contest rather than one that elects truly highly qualified persons.  Why no email for Mr Akers/  Ask him, not me.I don't run his life. As President in 2012 why didn't you have Mr. Akers place his email address in the LINK? It is still NOT in the LINK. Maybe the current BOD President will rectify that situation. And again, I ask, what have you done to solve the problems of golf and restaurants? What Mr. Frank has done, along with other Sun City residents, is to elect a group of people who wanted to be on the BOD supposedly to resolve the many situations that exist in Sun City rather than just 'enjoy the power' associated with the position. That is what Mr. Frank has done. The real question is what have you and the other BOD members done?  I'm  trying and I think succeeding, at least on the restaurant front to cut the losses. And what is the Board doing, I said in my other post, how can you be ignorant of the actions takes to cut the restaurant losses?  You and BOD Bruce Alitt, in prior emails to me, INSIST on degrading residents YOU WORK FOR, yes you work for us because the residents elected you. Calling Mr. Allan "ignorant" probably proves you fit in that category. Your responses also confirms what I previously stated to Patty Rosia, our Executive Director, that 99.9999% of Sun City residents DO NOT attend BOD meetings because they are DISGUSTED with the attitude of the BOD who believe "We the people..." work for them rather than the other way around. Have a good day.

Amazing. Yes it is

---- Allan Frank <allangfrank@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sun City Board Of Directors Members,

My wife and I are doing our best to enjoy the "Golden Years" and are concerned at what appears to be a very large, TWO AND A HALF MILLION LOSS as reported in the budget. We want to know why the BOD is allowing such a large loss? Do you intend to just pass this on to all the residents of Sun City? Is there a plan I am not aware of which has someone other than the residents to pay this money? Why are the Golf Course and the Food and Beverage operations allowed to continue on  losing money? Is this the way you exercise your Fiduciary Responsibilities? A $316 hit might not be of concern to the BOD but it is to me.

I assume Jim Akers has no email for a valid reason in this day and age?

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT ACTIONS ARE TO BE TAKEN BY THE BOARD TO CORRECT THIS SITUATION!

Very concerned residents,

Allan & Bernice Frank
10649 Clarion ln   
Las Vegas, NV 89134  - 5230
(702) 570-1110



Quote from the budget follows.

"SUN CITY SUMMERLIN COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION INC. FY 2025 BUDGET

REFERENCE:  SUN CITY SUMMERLIN COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION INC. FY 2025 BUDGET
                        APPROVED BY THE BOARD & SUBJECT TO RATIFICATION AT THE JUNE
                        24, 2014 MEETING OF THE UNIT OWNERS ON JUNE 24, 2014 IN ROOM 5,
                         9:am at the Desert Vista Community Center.

The following is, of course, a very brief summary that focuses on the sources of the losses and the $316 per year impact on all unit owners annual membership dues:

Revenues:
Golf Course............................$3,469,365
Food & Beverage...................     601,388
                   Total ..................  4,070,753

Expenses:
Golf Course............................$5,769,761
Food & Beverage...................     758,979
                   Total ..................  6,528,740

Budgeted Loss ......................$6,528,740  -  $4,070,753 = $2,457,987"





No comments: