Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Golf/F&B Losses

Dear Mr. Winkel;

Please understand that I am not trying to interfere with your position here in Sun City nor do I have any problems with you personally. My problem lies with the Board misleading the residents regarding the existence of a Business Plan; it is unfortunate you have to dodge stray arrows the Board is directing at me.

Please allow me to review a few events leading up to where we are. Last December I filed to be a candidate for the Board of Directors; my thinking was this was the only way to introduce a Business Plan to Sun City. In the past any discussion of a Plan was ignored by the Board. At the January 2009 Resident Forum "Meet the Candidate" event candidate Baer chose to mislead the audience by stating there was a plan and I did not know what I was talking about. This is how this all started. The rest of the story: http://daksplace.blogspot.com/search/label/Business%20Plan

July 8, 2009 Mr. Baer replied to my request sent to him and the Board for the Business Plans by saying sarcastically "get them from Robey" which I did. Upon receipt I was surprised to see the brevity of the Business Plan, it was apparent that they were only a "Summary". I told Mr. Robey that I didn't want the Summary I wanted the Business Plan complete with monthly P&L/Balance statements that are needed to control Cash Flow and Expenses.

At the last Board Meeting on August 31, 2009 it became obvious that there was no actual business plan in existence, when one Board member asked, "Isn't there some thing we can give him?"

Due to the huge losses we are experiencing in the Golf/F&B business, drastic action needs to be taken to stop the financial bleeding.

A single page "Summary" which sounds more like an outline of an Employee Performance Report will not be enough. If no actual Business Plan exists, which seems to be the case, then I request that at least 3 consultants be contacted and we request a proposal from them for the preparation of such a document.

This request is being made on behalf of the residents in Sun City Summerlin. Many of our residents are retired and have limited funds on which to live. It would be unfair to burden them with added costs of assessments to subsidize the losses which are being incurred, therefore a comprehensive Business Plan is needed.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to give me a call,

Dwain Kramzar

2624 High Range Dr.

H.702.838.5049

C.702.808.4993

No comments: