Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Re: [SCBuzz] Re: [SC-SCOOP] Re: [SCSLSC] Re: WATER WASTE-SUB ASSOCIATIONS

Don, 
I fully support your position regarding the CC&R's.  
I like you live on Highland Falls G.C. and am well aware of the LOSSES due to Golf & F & B. These LOSSES are a direct result the past Board of Directors refusal to implement a Business Plan/P&L  and the co-mingling of membership dues with business expenses. If these issues are not addressed these business will continue in the same direction.  

It would not make any sense for the Board to contemplate any closures. Whats the probability of success when you consider their past track record?


​Dwain Kramzar



On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM, DON drgtrustpl@cox.net [SCBuzz] <SCBuzz@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Bruce,
As a Director I would certainly want a lot of answers before I voted for anything.  I agree with everything you said and like you I am willing to cover the loss but I do live on a golf course.  Personally I wish they would close it because of the great advantages that would come to every resident and absolutely no harm to the golfers.  I hope the Board takes the necessary steps to get answers for you but when I was a Director they refused to even talk about it.

Most of the people who live on a golf course could probably care less if they ever saw a golfer again.  They payed for the view and that will never change.  Most pay for golf damage and that would change.
Don

On 8/20/2014 1:41 PM, seawolf1963@aol.com [SCBuzz] wrote:
 

Don


Again I appreciate your answer.
For the record I do not agree that we should cut our losses by closing a golf course unless and until I can be shown that:
1 - Closing a golf course will actually save a significant amount.
2 - That there is a plan in place as to what to do with the closed golf course area.
3 - That I am convinced that the probable issues and law suits will be worth the trouble.
I do think that a vast majority of owners realize that a portion of our annual assessment goes toward golf. I also have been told by numerous members that they do not want a golf course to be closed. Further that the ambiance provided is worth the extra money. I am neither a golfer nor do I live on a golf course however I personally am willing to pay the extra today for the golf ambiance. You may disagree and certainly that could change over the years as the golf expenses increase and/or play decreases.
Bruce Alitt
In a message dated 8/20/2014 12:29:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, SCBuzz@yahoogroups.com writes:
 
Bruce, that article is to protect the Board but should not be interpreted as requiring a vote to prevent the Board.  I know you are not an attorney but common sense should tell you that if you are losing money on golf and food the Board is required by the CC&Rs to stop without voter approval.  I just put a message on the chat line explaining all of that.  Since you seem to agree that we should cut our loses by closing a golf course if necessary I see no need for any more discussion between us on this issue.

I am not a fan of the way the Board and Administration operate and it is my opinion they have knowingly operated improperly ever since Del Webb left the Board.  They once brought an action against me and when I wanted to defend they dropped the complaint and the state said I could not continue.  That would never have happened in a court of law.  The Board is welcome to file a complaint against me anytime.  At least that would show which Directors understand what being a Fiduciary means.

None of these messages will change anything and I for one would hope the chat lines close if its members are not willing to get involved.  Our losses are only about 1/3 more than they should be and at $107 per month per house most of us can absorb the loss.  The fact remains that no matter what the loss and I expect it to go continually higher the Board has no right to budget for it.
Don Gilman, Esq. 




Posted by: DON <drgtrustpl@cox.net>

Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)
.


__,_._,___

No comments: