Monday, August 16, 2010

8/16/10 SCSCAI Board Meeting

8/16/10 SCSCAI Board Meeting
Sunday, August 15, 2010
4:05 PM
    Good morning, my name is Dwain Kramzar, I live at 2624 High Range Dr.
    I request a copy of my statement interred into the minutes of this meeting.
    Mr. Stienman, I am addressing the Board today regarding a matter brought to the attention of Mr. Winkel by registered mail Tuesday June 29, 2010. I sent a copy by email to the SCSCAI Board of Directors, David Steinman-President, outlining my concerns regarding the over abundant errant golf balls striking my property causing excessive damage to the roof tile, stucco and personal bodily injury; also interfering with the free use of my property.
    Mr. Winkel acknowledged my certified letter July 6, 2010. Mr. Winkel stated that he will have the golf staff evaluate my input and provide a reply once they are done. July 14, 2010 Mr. Winkel sent a follow up letter that stated;
  1. The Golf staff did review your letter and looked at the hole in question. There are already bushes behind your home encouraging golfers to not hit to your side of the fairway. ( For your information the Golf staff did not contact me or make any attempt to evaluate the seriousness of the problem.)
  2. The only suggestion they have is that additional trees may help to block balls. To be effective, these trees would have to be planted probably behind the neighboring homes south of your home. However, to plant any new trees there, those homeowners would have to agree to the planting as it would hinder their views behind their home.
  3. Another option is to consider installing some type of netting. ????  If you are interested in installing netting, please be sure to get your plans approved by the ARC so that it would meet restrictions that are in place regarding netting.
  4. Mr. Winkel concluded by again referring to the CC&R's Article IV, section 4, golf balls are not susceptible of being easily controlled and may land outside the boundary of the golf course. Mr.
    Winkel's attitude is that the CC&R's relieve any responsibility of SCSCAI for the health and welfare of this HOA's members, this is debatable.  
    Mr. Steinman, I want to make one thing perfectly clear, I am not asking for anything more or less than what is described in Nevada Law and our governing documents. I am asking SCSCAI to rectify this situation before I replace my leaking roof due to the over abundant errant golf balls striking my property causing excessive damage to the roof tile, stucco and personal injury.
    QUESTION:
  5. Mr. Stienman, would it be logical to spend $5000 - 15,000 for repairs without eliminating the cause of the problem?
  6. Mr. Stienman, is this a neighborly way of handling such a grave situation?
  7. Mr. Stienman, does the Board share Mr. Winkel's position in this matter?

Created with Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
One place for all your notes and information

No comments: